Boilers are integral to many industrial and commercial processes, and maintaining consistent boiler water quality is key to ensuring their proper operation. Boiler chemical dosing pumps are dosing pumps specifically designed to deliver boiler chemicals. Boiler chemicals are characterized by corrosiveness, high temperature and high viscosity, so boiler chemical dosing pumps need to be corrosion-resistant, high-temperature-resistant, abrasion-resistant and highly accurate.
Chemicals typically required to be transported in boilers
Chemicals typically required to be delivered to boilers include sulfuric acid, alkaline salts such as sodium hydroxide, phosphates as corrosion inhibitors, polymeric scale inhibitors to prevent scaling, nitrites as oxidizers to prevent corrosion, nitrates to control microbial growth, and alkaline cleaners to remove surface deposits from piping and equipment.
The use of these chemicals depends on the water quality requirements of the boiler system to ensure stable and efficient system operation. Prior to use, they should be properly tested and evaluated to ensure safety and effectiveness.
- Prevent boiler scaling: boiler scaling affects the heat transfer efficiency of the boiler and reduces the thermal efficiency of the boiler. Boiler chemicals can prevent boiler scaling, thus increasing the thermal efficiency of the boiler.
- Prevent boiler corrosion: boiler water contains a large number of salts, impurities, etc., which can cause corrosion to the boiler. Boiler chemicals can prevent boilers from being corroded and extend the service life of boilers.
- Improve boiler safety: Boiler scaling and corrosion can lead to safety accidents such as boiler explosions. Boiler chemicals can prevent boiler scaling and corrosion, thus improving boiler safety.
- Reduce boiler maintenance costs: Boiler scaling and corrosion can lead to frequent boiler maintenance and increased maintenance costs. Boiler chemicals prevent boiler scaling and corrosion, thereby reducing boiler maintenance costs.
- Cleanability: Boiler chemicals can clean the scale and impurities in the boiler and keep the boiler water clean.
- Corrosive: Boiler chemicals are inherently corrosive and can cause corrosion to the boiler if not used properly.
- Toxicity: Some boiler chemicals are toxic and can cause injury if they come into contact with the skin or eyes.
- Price: Boiler chemicals are more expensive, which may be a burden for some small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Higher requirements for pump body material: boiler chemicals are corrosive, so the pump body material needs to have good corrosion resistance, otherwise it will lead to pump body damage.