Sodium hypochlorite is a commonly used chlorine-containing disinfectant that is widely used in drinking water and wastewater treatment. It is used as an effective disinfectant to kill bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms by releasing hypochlorite to ensure safe water quality.
Principles of sodium hypochlorite application
Sodium hypochlorite releases hypochlorite ions when it is dissolved in water transferred through a dosing pump, and its disinfecting effect is closely related to the pH value of the water. Hypochlorite ion is a neutral molecule that penetrates the surface of bacteria and destroys their cellular structure to achieve effective disinfection.
The following chemical equation represents its dissociation process when dissolved in water:
NaClO→ Na+ +ClO-
- Affordable: Sodium hypochlorite is a low-cost disinfectant and is widely recognized as a low-cost solution to disinfection.
- Effective: It is a highly effective disinfectant that kills bacteria and microorganisms, ensuring safe water quality.
- Easy to use: The process of adding the chemical to the water is quick and easy using a sodium hypochlorite metering pump.
- Chlorine odor and effects: Disinfected water may have a chlorine odor, which may not be acceptable to all.
- Ineffective against specific bacteria and viruses: Relatively ineffective against specific organisms such as germ cells, some viruses and amoeba pods.
Sodium hypochlorite metering pumps are used in a wide range of applications such as drinking water treatment, swimming pool water management, and industrial wastewater treatment, etc. HAOSH’s range of sodium hypochlorite generators and sodium hypochlorite metering pumps cover a wide variety of industry needs, and we can customize a chemical dosing system for your specific application and provide convenient installation configurations to ensure accurate disinfectant dosing and safe water quality. We can customize chemical dosing systems for specific applications and provide convenient installation configurations to ensure accurate disinfectant dosing and water safety.