Polymers are macromolecular compounds consisting of many repeating units. They consist of small molecular units called monomers connected by chemical bonds. These monomers, which can be the same or different, are formed into long chain-like structures by polymerization reactions (or polymerization).
Examples include: polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride, polystyrene and polyurethane.
Polymer dosing pumps play a key role in water treatment. The addition of polymers to the water treatment process aids in the coagulation and settling of suspended material, improving water quality and increasing treatment efficiency. Polymer dosing pumps are used in a variety of applications including, but not limited to, wastewater treatment plants, industrial water treatment and water supply systems.
The operating principle of polymer dosing pumps involves the precise addition of polymers to water in order to form coagulants in the water. Precise control of the amount of polymer dosed by the dosing metering pump ensures optimal water treatment at the right concentration. This coagulant has a significant effect on the removal of suspended substances, grease and other contaminants.
- Improved water treatment efficiency: the addition of polymer promotes the settling of contaminants and helps to improve water quality.
- Accurate dosing: polymer dosing pumps are able to accurately dose the required polymer concentration to ensure optimal results.
- Multi-disciplinary applications: suitable for a wide range of applications including wastewater treatment, industrial water and water supply systems.
- Possibility of overdosing: Inaccurate dosing may result in overdosing of polymer, which may affect treatment results.
- Polymer type selection: Different water treatment processes may require different types of polymers and it is important to select the right type of polymer.
Polymer dosing pumps are used in a wide range of applications and can be customized to meet the needs of different water treatment processes. HAOSH offers a wide range of polymer dosing pumps that are paired with polymer preparation units to provide efficient and accurate chemical dosing systems to optimize the efficiency and results of water treatment processes.